14 novembre 2008

Do I really have to do everything myself??

I want one: http://store.azfn.com/kingcoat.html
But they don't seem to ship out of the US.

Actually, I'd want a hoodie, with an asymmetric cut, I have the design right here in my head. Can't find it anywhere. Can't find anything approaching anywhere.

Each time I want to dress creatively, I get the same problem. The clothes I'd like don't exist for us males. They're either completely bland or printed with some commercial-cum-rebellious-cum philosophical message, in diagonal, on the shoulder or some other stupid attribute that makes me cringe.

So, for my current obsession, which would serve as a sweater.
Do's:
  • basic cloth, or cloth with a technical purpose
  • colours in the discreet (bland?) range, greys, blacks, natural tones, some oranges, most pastels....
  • inventive, clean cut <-- that's where the uniqueness should be. asymmetry, peacot style, hoodie, different materials or separate cloth pieces with different fiber orientations, well-placed seams along tension lines...
Dont's:
  • shiny and most patterned cloth
  • no fancy trick like prints, "inside out" seams, tags on the outside or passants on the shoulders
  • white, primary colours, turquoise, most yellows, greens, all purple and any bright colour that's currently in.
  • no pockets, they're going to get deformed and they're not going to be big enough anyway.
Yes, I'm a difficult customer. I'm a male who wants to look different from the mass and different from those who want to look different, and my difference shall be "with a purpose".

I'm asking for a sewing machine for Christmas.

3 commentaires:

Mik a dit…

looks nice :) you know, you might be able to find a package forwarder. There are some enterprising companies that have made it their business to order things for people who live in countries where some US companies won't ship anything or charge a fortune to ship stuff.

tommpouce a dit…

didn't think of that... Gotta have to look around some more.

On the other hand, I just bought two pairs of shoes that are quite in line with this very post :p.

Anonyme a dit…

sympa le manteau. J'aime bien.
Dis, tu veux une pelote de laine et des aiguilles pourton anniversaire? (tu sais que j'en suis capable!)
Bisous.
PS: on est dispo le week-end de ton anniv, je ne sais pas si tu as vu mon mail