23 février 2006

4:13 am

it's 4:13 AM, am going to bed when I finish this post.
I've already paid the driving school this afternoon, and am going to my first "lecon de code" tomorrow at 1PM. If I can I'll do all the lessons from 1PM to 8PM. Do the same on friday, work the book saturday and sunday and head back to the school on monday. 2 months of that treatment might be enough to get my "code" exam. Or it might not and I need more than 2 months. Sheeesh, that's harder to get than the freaking baccalaureat or even an engineering degree. I've never worked so much for a freaking exam in my entire life. And once I've got my code, I will be qualified to learn how to drive a car. So I'll take lessons to drive a car, just like I took lessons to learn english and conceive a mathematical simulation. And then I'll "passer mon permis" and hopefully pass it, and they'll let me run wild. And then (finally) I'll learn how to drive a car, for real. Not the academic way of driving a car, just like the english I was taught isn't spoken by anyone else than the english teachers and their students. Is it useful? Of course, but it doesn't prepare you much for the real world, does it?

Oh and yeah, it's a probatory paper, I can lose it for the smallest mistake. Right, and I must remain 20 kph below the speed limits on all open roads. For 2 years, or is that 3? Can't remember if they upgraded that as well.
I'll need to own a car for something like 5 more years to get my insurance bonus at the lowest rate.
By then, we'll be teleporting to work through the internet connection.

And that second-rate employement contract they're ramming down our throat, don't even get me started on that. I might write something about that one day.

Let's get old fast, it's less trouble and you don't feel like the useless, costly and plagued black sheep of society. France should kill every person who reach the age of 12, that's when troubles begin. Damn right.

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

oooh la, we are in the same boat. i've started labeling code de la route as some kind of psy-war... man, it's as tricky as the david blaine. but im still amazed that every single line drawn on the pavement actually means something. i've been going for around 3 weeks now, and it's kinda fun. or am i just really, really nerdy?

A- je dois ceder le passage
B- je ralentis et je passe
C- damn... what was the question again?!

hey good luck! im sure you'll do fine!

kala

tommpouce a dit…

C- J'ai un vehicule plus gros que tout le mode et je prends la priorite.

I guess it becomes a mind game after some time :p and it's better to enjoy it than to consider it a punishment, as I do at the moment. It'll also keep me active, unemployment tends to slow my brain cells down.

Anonyme a dit…

>>>C- J'ai un vehicule plus gros que tout le mode et je prends la priorite.

LOOOOOOL !!!

Kala