01 février 2006

dead laptop - update 2

UPS picks up the laptop at my place tomorrow morning, They bring the packaging. I just put the laptop in with all removable part removed, check the paperwork, sign at the bottom.
4 to 5 days later, they call me and we arrange a time to hand it back to me. So I'll be unavailable until at least wednesday next week.

Screen will be replaced, motherboard will be replaced, I'd hope they trade it for a new one but I wasn't provided the option. The only other component that may fail is the hard drive, which I can remove and replace fairly easily myself. Actually, I'm supposed to remove it before I give it UPS.

And my soundcard and my Firewire port will work again!!!! So cool :D

See you in a week :D

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

has your laptop arrived?

-kala

Anonyme a dit…

I wish...
I left it in the good hands of UPS on the thursday more than a week ago, but it's still marked at "being taken care of" on the DELL site.
Me waiting...

Blog owner