31 janvier 2006

dead laptop - update

Contacted Dell Customer Support, nice guy, seemed to know what he was talking about (good scripting, Dell script-writer guy!!)
Replacement of screen should be the solution. As I had to perform additional tests with standalone screen, I went to see a couple of friends who I hadn't seen in a long time. Promise to meet again soon, possibly next week end.
No symptoms on exterior screen, the connection is probably the root-cause of all that.
I'll call Dell tomorrow morning to inform them and decide if I want a technician to come and replace the screen here or if I want to send the laptop to their workshop for a complete check up.
Foreseen unavailability is "none" in the first case and 6 days if it's sent back.

I will choose the workshop solution if possible, cuz they could replace the broken soundcard at the same time. I just need to make sure that I don't have to package the laptop. I got rid of the delivery box a long time ago.

All in all, I'm satisfied with their handling of the case, we'll see tomorrow how it goes.

Aucun commentaire: