31 janvier 2006

my ________ is dying, take 2

After the iPod, RIP, the laptop...

It's 35 months old, anf the warranty is valid for 3 years. The backlight for the screen is messed up. No idea why. I can adjust the lighting between dim and super bright, I've always adjusted it to super bright.
And a week ago, it started to flicker between super bright and bright when I started it. 2 hours ago, it flickered again, except I hadn't started it, I had done that 7 hours earlier. And all of a sudden, the light went out. So I shut it off via the Power button, and restarted it. Made a couple of tests, restarted it blind a few times, checked my warranty paper and here it is.
I'm calling them tomorrow to see how I can have it repaired under warranty. I guess I'll have to sent it myself but I also guess I have no choice. Of course, it had to happen while I need it the most, right when I'm trying to look for a new job. And right when I don't have much money to spend.

Anyway, data backed up on an external drive, most important files burned on a CD. Let's hope it won't take too long to repair...

I'll update my blog as soon as I know what's the status on the warranty and the sending for repair. Just pray Ol' Dell doesn't suddenly lose another functionality...

Aucun commentaire: