09 janvier 2006

enjoyable day

Two nice things and one not so nice happened to me today.

Not so nice: Flo and her husband's party to celebrate their moving to their new place has been postponed to later times. Damn, Haven't seen that lady in over 4 months now... Waiting for the next date to be decided upon.

Nice 1: I finally saw my interim agency. Not good news: my pay hasn't been processed, but my contract has been closed. Then we got interrupted by another contractor. And my manager lost her train of thought. So I tried to remember what we were talking about which gave something like: "Pay... Problem... not processed... needs to be addressed". At which point she and one coworker burst laughing. And my manager exclaimed "well he's a engineer, synthetic thinking, few words, effective communcation!!!". Sounds good to start my professional relations with a good laugh :-D

Nice 2: I've had a weird phone call this morning, unknown caller, but the number appeared. It was the daughter of a friend of my parents who recently moved to Toulouse. And a hell of a daughter, I haven't seen her since 1994. That's more or less half-my-life earlier. All I can remember of her is that she was so much more mature than I even though we were born the same year, and that the word "hot" had not been invented for any other girl. Ok, so she's in Toulouse now, with a name that doesn't ring a bell and we just thought we'd just reminisce on those 12 years since we last met. From the bits of news that reached me, she's certainly someone with a very personal and unique path.
That's going to be a nice evening. Rendez-vous in slightly less than 1 hour, I really don't know what to expect

am in a cheery mood :-)

Aucun commentaire: