20 janvier 2006

Follow up

My iPod is dead, gone, I'm planning an official burial in the kitchen garbage bin this afternoon, no digging though.

Now, I need a contingency plan fast.
Let's review the options:
Philips HDD6320
Only works on Win XP, I have enough of billy's crap on my computer, and I HATE WHEN YOU DON'T GIVE ME A CHOICE. Your behaviour is offensive, Mr. Philips. And yes, this means no.

Creative Zen Sleek
May do, but it doens't look as good as an iPod and it seems to hang to often

Neuros 442
No need for video or supersize-me-screen, a tad expensive

iRiver H320
not available in france, H10 only supports Win XP, you know the drill...

iPod 30 GB vid 5G white
Last man standing, even though:
it doesn't support any open standards, only mp3 and proprietary lossless AAC
it's overrated
it's not geek anymore
it doesn't work on linux all that well
there's no external power supply anymore
it scratches like hell
battery life is shorter than it used to be
it got videos and a massive colour screen
it lasted 2 1/2 years, but my bros' haven't lasted 1 year 1/2
...

Now, I just need the money... ... ...
I need a job, fast...

Aucun commentaire: