01 juin 2006

Not that it will matter, but...

UBUNTU 6.06 DAPPER DRAKE IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to close the curtains, switch the lights on, order pizza and beer and lock myself in. Return to geek mode, in short.


So, that Ubuntu thingy is the flavour of linux that did turn me into a die-hard linux fan. I've only kept Windows so far for a few reasons:
  • Can't read MKV files on linux in fullscreen and many animes are encoded in mkv. That's because of my graphic card. I hope to solve the graphic card driver issue with Dapper so...
  • Can't print in Linux. Driver problem with my printer and CUPS. Ought to be solved with a bit of mouse and command-line work.
  • My resume doesn't show up like it should in OpenOffice on Linux. It does however on OO on Windows, so it's probably a font I haven't installed.
  • I haven't tested the iPod compatible software on Linux just yet. So I'm still running iTunes on Windows just in case.
  • I only have Matlab for Windows, not for linux.
I'll use this clean reinstallation of linux to hopefully solve problems 1 to 4.

Major geek fun time ahead :D.

On a side note, does anyone know of a good software to organise notes? I'm collecting recipes every few days to solve a problem or another on my computer and I'd like to centralise those data into a structured thingy somewhere.

3 commentaires:

tommpouce a dit…

actually, it's probably due to the fact that I've been driving or having an interview or being somewhere or else for a number of days.
I'll wish you luck on the 8th ;) and on the other days also, LOL

Anonyme a dit…

que la vie est compliquée parfois lol.
Un biberon au zéro pour remonter le moral?
Flo

tommpouce a dit…

:p Une seule complexite dans la mienne:
depenses > revenus!!
Partant pour un biberon, a mon prochain week end a Paris. Je sais pas quand je pourrai planifier ca, je veux pas etre trop lourd vis a vis de mes hotes habituels.
Mais on va y regarder quand meme ;-)
Tom