11 avril 2006

choose your own title

Job hunting is coming along, I've got my third interview for the black box analysis sometime this week or the next one. It will be scheduled by my employer and the customer and told to me afterwards. This interview should be fairly routine and there's little risk they'd refuse me.
I was also contacted for a first interview by Eurocopter Marignane. I had replied to a job offer to work on the main rotor design but the offer had disappeared from the net after a few days and I thought they had found someone. Turns out they haven't yet or a new position was opened. I'll meet them next tuesday from 10 AM to noon. No train that early in the morning means I'll take one the day before and sleep at a cheap hotel in the area. The job could be brilliant too, I'm so fascinated by helicopters :-D But I'm not sure I wanna move anywhere at the moment.

Been going back to the movies in the last 2 weeks:
+La Planete Blanche, on the wilderness around the North Pole, with very impressive pictures
+Truman Capote, I didn't know the guy and I should have remained ignorant. jerk
+Romanzo Criminale, the story of a group of friends in Italy in the 70's who turned into a fearless criminal organisation. Not as interesting as I thought it would be.
+Renaissance, black and white animation movie set in Paris in 2020 or 2050. Long, boring, not much of a story, and a mechanical feel in the animation that doesn't help. Lip synch doesn't help. Only saved (barely) by the fact that I know someone who worked on it :p she even has her name in the credits :D

I've spent the week end in Paris, arriving there on friday night, and coming back on sunday night. On my way to my friends' flat, I met them going in the opposite direction. So we went to the movies, missed the start time and spent the evening in an irish pub. I had my first pint of cider in a loooong time, then my second.
The next day I spent in the city, going to the Fnac to look for books. I bought 2 Clive Cussler and I found Porco Rosso, in 2 DVDs :D :D :D :D. My all time favourite animation movie, dubbed in french because Jean Reno is just awesome. The history of an italian pilot who turned into a pig between WW1 and WW2 flying in his red Marchetti seaplane. It's all nostalgic and sad and full of hope in the same time.
Saturday night was the birthday party of the friends who invited me. Great evening, twice more food than what was needed as usual, and people I hadn't seen in a long time. Great moment altogether.
And we spent sunday doing nothing until I fled to catch my return train.

That's about it, I almost finished the first Cussler in the train and am back waiting for job news...

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

PORCO ROSSO Aaaaaaw! Jul has the dvd which he bought for less than 1€ in Hongkong... but of course, it's all in Cantonese. I have GOT to check out FNAC!
When's your Eurocopter interview? Will you be staying in Aix or in Marignane itself?
Kala

tommpouce a dit…

Porco Rosso is the only japanese movie that turned better being dubbed. :-D
Meeting with eurocopter on tuesday morning at 10. I don't want to rely on the public transports, so I'll stay in Marignane. I'll have my afternoon open though so I may play tourist around Marseille.