28 avril 2006

Remember Lacuna Coil?

Talked about them in that post.

They're regulars when party-crashers invite themselves in my life. Which feels a bit like they just did. Until now, I was running pedal to the metal, knowing full well that I could get any job I set my eyes on. Dream on, mate. You're no better than anyone else. Failure is also part of your life. And suddenly, life feels a lot lonelier.

On the positive side, my dad's surgery went well this morning and he's recovering at home. Underneath that positive feeling, there's the nagging sentiment that my parents are aging, it was tough hearing his diminished voice on the phone. Parents aren't invincible, I haven't accepted it yet.

I want to drink my troubles away.

I miss the evenings we'd spend where I lived as a student, a cheap meal, a couple of beers and Pink Floyd on the stereo, talking about important things, planes, cars & girls. I felt part of a group. That group has dissolved, and the groups I've joined since then aren't as consistent, too many differences between individuals. One exception of course, the blogosphere, but we're still a long way from lying on the carpet, listening to Matmatah or Dire Straits and sharing memories of days spent at the airfield.

Shit, I miss people...

2 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit…

Lacuna Coil is playing in Bordeaux, Clermont Ferrand and Paris early October. Hope you are feeling better!!!
Kala

tommpouce a dit…

Yup, good night sleep made it all go away :p almost.
I might start saving if I want to see them in Paris. Thanks for the tip :D

Tom