24 mars 2006

Emergency situation - update 3

The emergency has changed somewhat.
I'm less afraid of losing the unemployment indemnities, cuz they're way lower than I thought, I'll barely be able to pay my rent and a few bills, but not pay for anything else like food or public transports. So in the end, the situation is even more critical than I thought.
On the bright side, I'm having at least one phone call each day to ask either if I'm ok with them sending my cv to a potential employer/client or if I'm interested by a specific job.
I had to turn down a few of these already, in management essentially. Although one was a 3-week mission in the region Centre (equivalent to middle-of-nowhere) to rush a proposal for a Call for Tender. Could have been great except I couldn't reach the place without a car. Damn.

I've got 1 running offer, and 2 interviews coming.
I actually got a phone call a 10:40 this morning to see if I was interested and if I could meet with them this afternoon at 13:30. Meeting with the Technical Director as they're called and right away with Human Resources. It definitely feels emergency-like on their side. Obviously means work will start very rapidly (can anyone say monday?) and it's gonna be intense. I work boest under pressure, that's good!!!
I just hope it's a short mission, if it's going to be that intense from the start. It would also allow me to keep in touch with the running offer, which is the Holy Grail of the aviation engineer, in the Testing department, with the flight test pilots and the aircrafts and the simulators!!! Well I've got a number of interrogations that they will need to fill. The very short description of the job seemed interesting, also in testing but I don't know more.
Will keep you updated!!!

Obviously, this might make a dent in my code learning.
Oh, btw, I did my "evaluation", which consists in taking the driver seat in a real car in a real city and drive through town to see how good I am, without any help from the instructor. Scary experience.
Verdict: ca. 32 hours will be needed before I can take the driving exam. Though luck

Aucun commentaire: